This section provides dynamic access to an Orthodox Horologion . The Psalter is a Septuagint translation called "The Psalter According to the Seventy" by The Holy Transfiguration Monastery . The horologion prayers come from "The Great Horologion" also published by The Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Both are used with their kind permission. Finally, the translations of troparia and kontakia come from the complete Menaion translations, published by The St. John of Kronstadt Press . This section was originally a stand alone web app called "The Dynamic Horologion & Psalter".
We currently offer the following services:
- Current New Calendar Orthodox Horologion
- Current Old Calendar Orthodox Horologion
- Current New Calendar Orthodox Horologion (without the site's lectionary)
- Current Old Calendar Orthodox Horologion (without the site's lectionary)
- Current Kathismata (Psalter readings).
- Today's Commemorations and Hymns of the Day
- The Psalter According to the Seventy
To navigate the site, please click on the links on the left (if you're on a regular computer) or click on the ☰ symbol on the top right (if you're on a mobile device). Please note that the navigation links change for each section and for each service. This allows you to pick a different service or even a service for a different day. For example, after clicking on the Current Orthodox Hours , you'll notice that the links have changed, allowing you to refresh the service with your current time, see the morning or evening service (if you missed one), or even select another date and time (if you missed a day).
- You can view the current fixed worship service from the Horlogion for the day and time, including it's variable Psalter readings, and dismissal hymns as read by a Reader or Layperson (aka a Reader's service).
- You can view the current variable Psalter Kathisma readings for the day and time.
- You can manually view a given fixed Hourly Service from the Horlogion for the day.
- You can manually view the Troparion and Kontakion for the day.
- The site's standard lectionary readings are optionally available during The First Hour and Vespers . You can also use select the hours without the lectionary (or select the "No Lectionary" options in the menu) if you just want the core service.
- It does not include a Menaion or Octoechos for the variable parts at Vespers, Sunday Midnight, and Matins.
- It does not account for feast days and anything in the Festal Triodion.
- It does not include any Lenten hourly services, extra psalter readings, or anything from the Lenten Triodion.
- It does not contain anything from the Pentecostarion.
- It does not contain Great Compline.
- It does not contain Synaxarion for Matins.
- It does not contain the Typica.
- It does not contain any Canons and/or Akathists such as the Akathist to the Mother of God at Compline.